ACCESS applications will be accepted from October 1 to Decemeber 1.
Thank you for your interest in ACCESS at Mississippi State University. The 2021 application window will open from October 1 to December 1, 2020. Parts of the application process can be completed online; however, there are medical and educational documents that we can only accept by mail. After collecting all required documents, please mail one packet to ACCESS. Application packets must be submitted or postmarked by the application deadline. All required documents must be submitted for the applicant to be reviewed. Do not apply to ACCESS at www.msstate.edu.
PO Box 806
Mississippi State, MS 39762
ACCESS Application Requirements
Note the forms below are not accessible to the visually impaired. For accessible forms, please contact ACCESS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACCESS Online Application (This will be available during the application timeframe.)
The following documents must be submitted by mail:
- $25 application fee (checks made payable to MSU ACCESS)
- Student Application Questionnaire
- MSU Application
- High School Transcript (when available)
- Current photograph of the applicant
- Applicant’s resume (include all employment, volunteer, and VR experiences)
- One Personal Letter of Reference (may be submitted with application packet)
- Two Recommendation Forms (Please read the following instructions carefully.)
- ACCESS requires an Educator Recommendation Form and an Employer Recommendation Form.
- Educator Recommendation Form – Must be completed and submitted by the applicant’s current or most recent IEP case manager.
- Employer Recommendation Form – Must be completed and submitted by the applicant’s current or most recent supervisor (An employer or volunteer supervisor may complete form).
- If the applicant is unable to submit one of the Recommendation Forms due to circumstances, please complete two of the same Recommendation Forms. (Ex. 1: An applicant is a senior and has no work or volunteer experience. This applicant will need to submit two Educator Recommendation Forms. Ex. 2: An applicant graduated high school five years ago. This applicant will need to submit two Employer Recommendation Forms.)
- It is preferable that the individual completing the Recommendation Form has worked with the applicant within the past two years.
- Recommendation Forms must be submitted to ACCESS by the referrer via mail or email. Letters submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
- ACCESS will only review the first 2 Recommendation Forms. Additional forms are not necessary.
- Letters may not be completed by immediate family members.
- Psychological-Educational Evaluation (Please read the following requirements carefully.)
Most recent IEP in its entirety
Applicable related service assessments (Speech, PT, OT, Assistive Technology, etc.)
BIP, if applicable
Copy of Conservatorship/Guardianship Agreement, if applicable
- Evaluations must have been conducted 3 years prior to the start of the application window
- IMPORTANT: IEP Reevaluation will only be accepted if cognitive and academic assessments are conducted
within 3 years prior to the start of the annual application window. Record Reviews that contain assessments
outside of the 3-year window will not be accepted.
- Required: standardized IQ score and standardized achievement assessments
- Recommended: standardized adaptive assessments