ACCESS students are completely integrated into the campus community. ACCESS strongly promotes autonomy but also provides the necessary scaffolding to help build the skills and confidence needed to achieve independence. Classes are designed to train students to be successful during and after college by educating them about cooking, hygiene, budgeting, relationships, public transportation, safety, and many more aspects of independent living.
- Independent Living courses are offered each semester and focus on key elements of autonomy
- Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors live in fully inclusive on-campus housing
- Goal is to provide seniors with an off-campus housing experience
- Policies and procedures are implemented to ensure healthy, safe, enjoyable living environments
- ACCESS promotes learning in real-world settings as much as possible